Xiaomi opens their 1st brand shop with launch of Mi 6 and Mi Max 2 smartphones in Dubai (UAE)August 11, 2017 0 By admin
7th August, 2017 – With an area of 1500 sqft, Xiaomi opened their 1st authorized brand shop in Burjuman Mall in Dubai (UAE). Along with their local partner and distributor – TASK FZCO, they have plans to open up additional 3 brand shop across UAE.
Xiaomi is a young company started in 2010 and made their first presence felt in Jan 2014 in UAE with launch of 4 smartphones along with the distributor TASK FZCO. They were concentrating on online sales in this region and only tie-up with Etisalat for offline sales. In short time have gained lot of popularity among the smartphones and as per IDC report 2107 Q1 shipment volume preliminary data they ranked at 5th position with 9.3% with top 4 leading companies Huawei, Oppo, Vivo and Apple.
While opening up the authorized brand shop and introducing the Mi 6 and Mi Max 2, Donovan Sung, director of product management and marketing at Xiaomi Global said: “The UAE has the highest smartphone penetration rate in the world so it is the perfect place for us to highlight the unique features of our top mobile devices and reach out to a tech-savvy Arab audience. We are confident that Mi 6 and Mi Max 2 will be a huge hit among discerning local and regional mobile consumers seeking superior performance, distinctive style, and great value for money.”
Hands on with Mi 6 Smartphone
It beautiful 5.15” Full HD display with Octa-core Snapdragon processor 835 processor, 6GB RAM and 64GB ROM, 12MP rear camera with 5MP front camera, finger print sensor and 3350mAh battery. And off course it comes with Android Nougat 7.1.1 with splash resistant glass and USB Type C.
And it priced at AED1499 which is priced very well in the mid-range phone but with High end features. I am sure it is product consumer to should take look at it.
Key specifications of Mi 6:
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 with 10nm process technology (Octa-core, max 2.45GHz)
- All-new Kryo 280 microarchitecture, Adreno 540 GPU
- Dual camera, optical zoom:
○ 12MP wide angle with 4-axis OIS stabilization + 12MP telephoto
○ Exceptional portrait photography with background blur
○ Beautify, for natural selfie enhancements
- 5.15” display with reduced glare, precise 0.15-nit adjustments (total 4096 brightness levels)
- Four-sided 3D curved glass body, high-gloss stainless steel frame
- 145.17 x 70.49 x 7.45mm
- 6GB LPDDR4x RAM + 64GB storage
- 3350mAh high-capacity battery, full-day usage
- Stereo speakers, immersive video and gaming experience
- Under-glass front fingerprint sensor
- Splash-resistant, USB Type-C charging
- Full NFC functionality: Read, write, card emulation
Hands on with Mi Max 2 Smartphone
This one for the people who likes phablet kind of smartphones and specifically for like to watch movies or like bigger screen. 6.44” Full HD display with Octa-core Snapdragon processor 625 processor, 4GB RAM and 64GB ROM, Dual 12MP rear camera with 8MP front camera, finger print sensor, 5330mAh battery and it comes with Android Nougat 7.1.1.
Priced at AED 969 would be interesting buy for the consumer who like big screen phone with power of 4 RAM and big battery life.
Key specifications of Mi Max 2:
- 6.44” large immersive full-HD display
- 5300mAh two-day battery, Quick Charge 3.0
- 12MP Sony IMX386 1.25-micron large-pixel camera
- 5MP front camera, 85° wide-angle lens with Beautify
- Full metal unibody
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 with 14nm FinFET technology (Octa-core 2.0GHz)
- 4GB RAM + 64GB or 128GB storage
- Up to 128GB microSD expandable storage
- Stereo speakers, intelligently switches to stereo in landscape orientation
- Rear fingerprint sensor
- IR blaster
- Dimensions: 174.1 x 88.7 x 7.6mm
- Weight: 211g
This is brand to watch in this region
Xiaomi’s smartphones like RedMe Note 4 has been great success across the globe, as Xiaomi strategy to keeping the price low and working on the volume has worked for them and now concentrating on offline sales with brand shop should be able make better connection with consumers than on online.
Current big brands like Apple, Samsung who are have large share in this region and have strong brand presence as they have invested a lot in the past and providing cutting edge technology smartphones in the region. Xiaomi smartphone has it’s on merits with quality and reasonable pricing can make a place in this market. But off course it will also depend how they make their brand presence felt with their brand marketing expenditure like advertising and brand presence among the local competitors or they will be considered just another Chinese smartphone in the market.
Where is the new authorized Xiaomi showroom in Dubai?
The new Xiaomi brand shop is situated on level 2 in Burjuman Mall, Bur Dubai and has various other products than Xiaomi (MI*) smartphones, they have laptops, air purifiers, drones, TVs, speakers, TV set-top boxes, electric cycles, robots and robot vacuum cleaners. But many of products are displayed but are not available as they are meant to be brought in future.
(*Mi is the abbreviation and the logo of Xiaomi Inc.)