Newly launched Porsche Design Huawei Mate RS is 1st mobile in the world with 512GB StorageMarch 30, 2018
Porsche Design (Dr. Jan Becker) and Huawei ( Richard Yu) launch a highly sophisticated and powerful smartphone; the Porsche Design Huawei Mate RS, at the opulent Grand Palais, Paris, France. Introducing the future of technology through features such as the world’s first dual fingerprint design including an innovative in-screen fingerprint sensor, the world’s first Artificial Intelligence (AI) processor and Leica triple camera with 40MP image capture. This device will surpass the demands of even the most discerning smartphone user.
Incorporating Porsche Design’s signature design language and Huawei’s breakthrough technology and craftsmanship, the Porsche Design Huawei Mate RS sets a new standard in mobile luxury. With a commitment to unique, functional design, the phone has a 6” 2K curved OLED screen and wonderfully symmetrical look, minimalist feel and a stylish 8-edged 3D curved glass body. Available globally in black – a timeless colour that enables a seamless switch from glass to frame, and reflects Porsche Design’s commitment to purism and simple sophistication.
The PORSCHE DESIGN HUAWEI Mate RS has been built with exceptional accuracy, meaning each component is there for a specific reason, and exactly where it needs to be to ensure the user gets the best possible experience in terms of power and aesthetics. High performance is also indicated in the naming of the smartphone: the term “RS” stands in the world of Porsche motorsport for outstanding racing performance.
The Porsche Design Huawei Mate RS benefits and features include:
- The world’s first dual fingerprint scanner for enhanced convenience, allowing users to awake and unlock the device simply, thanks to an in-screen fingerprint sensor. Hover to awake the device, touch to unlock it
- The winning combination of Leica triple camera with 40MP RGB sensor technology and exceptional photography powered by Master AI. This combination puts effortless, eye-catching photography at the fingertips of those looking to immortalise their favourite moments. Combined with 5 x hybrid zoom, and the world’s first AI image stabilisation on a smartphone camera ensures photography lovers can capture the best shots with exceptional clarity in almost any situation
- The Porsche Design Huawei Mate RS is the first Huawei handset to allow quick wireless charging, making it even easier to keep the phone topped up and ready to go and, thanks to its long lasting battery, users will easily be powered through the busiest of days
- An ‘intelligent’ smartphone, the powerful AI processor automatically tailors the performance of the phone according to how it is used – constantly learning, understanding and anticipating needs, it is the perfect personal assistant for the pocket
- 256GB & 512GB of internal storage means those constantly on the go and constantly on their phone can be worry free
- Dual SLS (super linear system) speakers with DOLBY ATMOS enable users to have a superior experience, with the best immersive surround sound and entertainment on the go
- Splash, water and dust resistant, which means there is no need to worry about damaging the device in the rain or accidentally dropping it in water
Each Porsche Design Huawei Mate RS comes with a beautifully designed leather phone case accessory to match the lifestyle of the demanding target group. Cases are available in a range of leathers and colours, including black or red.
Richard Yu, CEO Huawei Consumer Business Group said: “The PORSCHE DESIGN HUAWEI Mate RS is the perfect blend of today’s most innovative smartphone technology and luxury design. We are bringing cutting-edge technologies to this device, which people will fall in love with – from the innovative in-screen fingerprint to the Leica triple camera system – bringing consumers an unprecedented experience.”
Jan Becker, CEO Porsche Design Group, said: “Both Porsche Design and Huawei seek to imagine and develop products that stand for precision and perfection, intelligent functionality and highly sophisticated design. Our aim was to create an outstanding device that goes one step further. We believe we have reached this goal by taking our partnership to the next level.”
Porsche Design and Huawei have worked in tandem to develop a smartphone that fuses together the two brands’ DNA, wealth of experience in design and technology, industry-leading expertise and exceptional performance. Through the use of colour in the device’s body, software themes and accessories, the new handset is accentuated with Porsche Design’s distinguished aesthetic and purist, minimalist feel.
Kirin 970 chipset was created by Huawei and was the first Artificial Intelligence (AI) chip to be introduced in a smartphone, first released in the Huawei Mate 10 Series in 2017
Porsche Design Huawei Mate RS is available globally in Black, and as a limited edition in China the device will also be available in Red
Water proof in one meter of water for 30 minutes
Price as mentioned at the launch
PORSCHE DESIGN HUAWEI Mate RS (6GB + 256GB) Euro 1,695
PORSCHE DESIGN HUAWEI Mate RS (6GB + 512GB) Euro 2,095
Note: The price may vary for different countries as per the conversion and taxes
The Porsche Design Huawei Mate RS will be available to purchase from premium retailers from April 2018.
#DiscoverExceptional, #HuaweiMateRS and #PorscheDesign