Samsung Gulf launches the new Galaxy S series smartphones in the UAEMarch 7, 2019
Samsung Gulf Electronics launched the Galaxy S10 range with three premium smartphones engineered to meet the distinct needs of today’s smartphone market at an event held at Caesars Palace, Bluewaters Island Dubai.
“Samsung is celebrating 10 years of excellence by writing the next chapter in mobile innovation history. Our next generation devices deliver breakthrough display, camera, and performance in three cutting-edge smartphones that herald a new era of smartphone technology,” said Tarek Sabbagh, Head of IT and Mobile (IM) Division at Samsung Gulf Electronics. “It will offer the UAE consumers an incredible experience and expands the possibilities of what they can accomplish.”
Celebrating its 10th anniversary, Samsung introduced the foldable smartphone calling it Samsung Galaxy Fold smartphone on 20th February 2019 and same was done in UAE launch but I could not have the chance to get in the hand to try or click some photos.
So coming back to Samsung Galaxy S series smartphone, please see the below details.
AMOLED Display: Full-Screen Experience with Ultrasonic Fingerprint Scanner
As the first HDR10+-certified smartphone, the display delivers vivid digital content, and with dynamic tone mapping, you’ll see a wider range of colour for a brilliant, realistic picture. Galaxy S10’s Dynamic AMOLED display is also VDE-certified for vibrant bright colours and extraordinary contrast ratio for even deeper blacks and brighter whites.
Verified by DisplayMate, you’ll also enjoy exceptionally accurate colours on your mobile device – even in harsh sunlight. What’s more, the Dynamic AMOLED display also reduces blue light through its TÜV Rheinland-certified Eye Comfort display without compromising picture quality or adding a filter.
Galaxy S10’s unique Infinity-O Display packs an array of sensors and camera technology into a hole-in display – so you can maximize your screen real estate without any distractions.
Galaxy S10’s Dynamic AMOLED display also includes the first-ever in-display Ultrasonic Fingerprint Scanner that reads the 3D contours of your physical thumbprint – not a 2D image of it – for improved anti-spoofing. With the world’s first FIDO Alliance Biometric Component certification, this next generation biometrics authentication offers vault-like security to keep your device safe.
Galaxy S10 introduces new Dual Pixel and Dual Aperture camera technology and advanced intelligence that makes it easy to take epic shots and videos:
• Ultra Wide Lens: A first for the S Series, Galaxy S10 offers an Ultra Wide Lens with a 123-degree field of view, as the human eye, so what you see is what’s in the frame. Perfect for impressive landscape shots, big panoramas and even fitting the entire extended family into the photo, the Ultra Wide Lens ensures that you’ll always be able to capture the full scene.
• Super Steady & High-Quality Video Recording: Galaxy S10 offers Super Steady recording with digital stabilization technology. Whether you’re dancing in the middle of an amazing concert or trying to record every detail of a bumpy bike ride, Super Steady allows you to capture the moment. Both front and rear cameras can shoot in up to UHD quality, and in an industry first, the rear camera gives you the flexibility to record in HDR10+.
• AI Camera: Galaxy S10 makes already smart features more accurate with a Neural Processing Unit (NPU) so you can get pro-grade shots worth sharing without having to manually select any advanced camera settings. Scene Optimizer can now recognize and more accurately process additional scenes because of the NPU. And with Shot Suggestion, Galaxy S10 offers automatic composition recommendations so you can frame your photo better than ever.
Samsung Galaxy S10 series hardware
Galaxy S10 is built with premium hardware and machine-learning-based software that works hard so you don’t have to. From brand new power-sharing capabilities to AI-powered performance enhancement and Intelligent Wi-Fi, Galaxy S10 is Samsung’s most intelligent device yet, from the inside out.
• Wireless PowerShare: Samsung introduces Wireless PowerShares on Galaxy S10, making it possible to easily charge Qi-certified smartphones and even compatible wearable devices. In addition, Galaxy S10 is capable of charging itself and a second device simultaneously via Wireless PowerShare, while connected to a regular charger, enabling you to leave your second charger at home while on a trip.
• Intelligent Performance: The new AI software on the Galaxy S10 automatically optimizes battery, CPU, RAM, and even device temperature based on how you use your phone and continues to learn and get better over time. Leveraging AI-capabilities, Galaxy S10 also learns how you use your device to launch your most frequently used apps faster.
• Intelligent Wi-Fi: Galaxy S10 comes with Intelligent Wi-Fi that allows for an uninterrupted and safe connection by seamlessly switching between Wi-Fi and LTE, as well as alerting you of potentially risky Wi-Fi connections. Galaxy S10 also supports the new Wi-Fi 6 standard, making it possible for better Wi-Fi performance when connected to a compatible router.
• Bixby Routines: On Galaxy S10, Bixby automates your routines and provides personalized recommendations to make your life easier. With pre-set and personalized routines, such as Driving and Before Bed routines, which are customized based on your habits, Galaxy S10 makes things simpler by automatically reducing device touches and cutting steps out of your day.
Samsung Galaxy Ecosystem
The Galaxy S10 line offers everything you have come to expect from the Galaxy S series and more—including Fast Wireless Charging 2.0, IP68 water and dust resistance, a next-generation processor and Samsung services like Bixby, Samsung Health, Samsung Pay and Samsung DeX. You will get the largest storage capacity available on a Galaxy device – the S10+ even comes with 1TB of built-in storage – and the ability to add an additional 512GB microSD card for up to 1.5TB.
• Speed: Galaxy S10 gives you the capability to access next-generation Wi-Fi 6, which gives you prioritized and four times faster access over other users in crowded areas, like an airport. Experience lightning fast LTE for downloading and browsing capabilities of up to 2.0 Gbps for the first time ever.
• Gaming: Engineered for the best possible gaming experience, Galaxy S10 is built with AI-based on-device gaming performance optimization software and premium hardware including Dolby Atmos for gaming mode and a vapour chamber cooling system. Galaxy S10 is also the first mobile device to be optimized for games created on the Unity platform.
• Security: Galaxy S10 is built with the defence-grade Samsung Knox, as well as secure storage backed by hardware.
The Samsung Members app is designed to help users unlock the full potential of their Galaxy device through unrivalled exclusive lifestyle and service rewards available and regularly updated throughout the year, from exclusive event invitations to discounts on services, and specialized customer care services, all of which make the Samsung experience a fuller and richer one.
Consumers who purchase the Galaxy S10 smartphones will also receive great offers from Samsung’s partners that will further enhance their mobile experience, these include:
• Enjoy 20% off at participating restaurants and lounges from the Marriott International’s portfolio in the Middle East & Africa
• Enjoy a complimentary 3-month subscription to WAVO by OSN. Stream all the latest shows and movies from the biggest studios in the world – uncut and in HD.
• Enjoy discounts from Apparel Group’s 28 international fashion and lifestyle brands like Aldo, Levi’s, Charles & Keith, Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfiger and many more.
• Up to 20% off on luxury perfumes, watches, cosmetics and more from Paris Gallery.
• Save up to 30% on flights, hotels and UAE activities with Cleartrip.
• Save up to AED 1,200 on Careem Rides.
• Enjoy 30% off on “2 Day 2 Park” tickets to Yas Island theme parks (Ferrari World Abu Dhabi, Yas Waterworld and Warner Bros. World™ Abu Dhabi).
• Enjoy a free 2-week Kcal Extra Meal Plan when customers sign up for 4 weeks!
• Get access to best fitness classes with 1 month free trial of Classpass
• 25% off on services including house cleaning, electronics repair and other essential home services from Helpbit
• Over 1000 “Buy 1 Get 1 Free offer” from Galaxy Entertainer
• AED 3600 Worth of game gifts on popular Netmarble games
10 years of smartphone excellence
Celebrating its 10th anniversary, Samsung surprised people across the UAE with amazing prizes, including the Galaxy S10, at the least expected places where lucky selected people had to undertake some fun challenges to win exciting prizes.
The Galaxy Crew will also take over the Ice Rink at Dubai Mall with a host of fun activities and challenges for customers to win prizes including 11 Galaxy S10+ smartphones and 10,000 discount vouchers. Head down to Dubai Mall Ice Rink and complete the fingerprint maze within four minutes to win on March 7, 8 & 9.
Galaxy S10 Availability
Galaxy S10, Galaxy S10+ and Galaxy S10e will be available in Prism White and Prism Black. Galaxy S10+ will also be available in Prism Green and, all-new, premium Ceramic models: Ceramic Black and Ceramic White.
The Galaxy S10, Galaxy S10+ and Galaxy S10e will be available across major stores in the UAE and online starting March 15th, 2019.
The price of the device will be dependent on the device and its memory size:
Galaxy S10e – AED 2,699
Galaxy S10 – AED 3,199
Galaxy S10+ – (128GB) AED 3,599
Galaxy S10+ – (512GB) AED 4,499
Galaxy S10+ – (1TB) AED 5,799
To know more about specifications about the Samsung Galaxy S series of smartphones, visit Samsung.com