Marantz Introduces New 8K Ultra HD Slim AV ReceiverOctober 6, 2020
Marantz announced its latest slimline 8K Ultra HD AV receiver, the NR1711. Designed to deliver exceptional sound for movies and music without sacrificing valuable entertainment centre space, the new slim AVR offers the iconic Marantz sonic signature loved by audiophiles and everyday listeners alike. Now with masterful 8K connectivity, the new Marantz NR1711 will elevate the home entertainment experience for years to come.
At nearly half the height of a standard AV receiver, the Marantz NR1711 effortlessly delivers the acclaimed Marantz amplification, immersive surround sound, high resolution streaming, and the latest 8K specifications.
Powerful & Nuanced Amplification
A high-current discrete power amplifier section produces exceptional sound for movies and music. Identical power is provided on all seven channels (90W per channel) with low-impedance driver capability. Every Marantz product is extensively tuned and tested by Marantz sound masters to ensure the iconic warm, detailed sound is maintained.
Immersive Surround Sound Capabilities
The NR1711 enables users to transform and upgrade their home cinema experience with its support of multidimensional object-oriented audio formats including Dolby Atmos, Dolby Atmos Height Virtualization Technology, DTS:X and DTS Virtual:X to create startlingly lifelike cinematic experiences. The NR1711’s Dolby Atmos Height Virtualization Technology and DTS:X Virtual give users a 3D listening experience without the need for dedicated height or surround speakers.
Latest 8K HDMI Technology
The NR1711 includes six HDMI inputs with one output to cover all users’ favourite sources.
In addition to 8K upscaling, all six HDMI inputs support Dolby Vision, HLG, Dynamic HDR, HDR10+, 4:4:4 Pure Color sub-sampling, BT.2020 pass-through, as well as the latest HDMI features VRR, QFT, ALLM, QMS, and current HDCP 2.3 copy-protection standard.
One dedicated 8K HDMI input delivers the latest HDMI specifications, taking home entertainment to the next level. Enjoy movies in 8K with 8K/60Hz pass-through or upscaling as well as the latest in HDMI technology like Dynamic HDR for best contrast and colours and Quick Media Switching (QMS), which is used to avoid blank screens while switching sources. The new Marantz NR1711 also provides the best lag-free gaming experience with 4K/120Hz pass-through, as well as Variable Refresh Rate (VRR), Quick Frame Transport (QFT), and Auto Low Latency Mode (ALLM), which reduces or eliminates lag and frame tearing for smoother, lag-free enjoyment and perfect sync between audio and video.
By supporting eARC (Enhanced Audio Return Channel), which allows lossless and object-based audio transmission like DTS:X and Dolby Atmos from TV apps or to the TV connected sources, the NR1711 gives users the power to enjoy better and more immersive surround experiences for TV audio easily.
Superior Multi-Room Listening and Connectivity
Leveraging HEOS Built-in multi-room streaming or AirPlay 2 technology, users can enjoy their favourite music in any room of the home for a wireless, whole-home audio experience, by adding more compatible devices. Play the same song in every room or select a different song in each connected room from a variety of popular streaming services like TIDAL, Spotify, Amazon Music HD, Deezer, and many others.
As an optional configuration, listeners can enjoy 5.2 or 7.2 channel surround sound in the home theatre and simultaneously play stereo sound from the same or another source in a separate room. Simply connect a pair of speakers to the multi-room amplified outputs or hook up an additional stereo amp and speakers to the Zone 2 pre-outs.
For users who prefer enjoying their favourite content with Bluetooth headphones, the NR1711 supports Bluetooth audio transmission. It also allows users to play audio on Bluetooth headphones and connected speakers simultaneously. This is especially helpful for family members or friends with hearing impairments, as the overall volume level does not have to be raised to uncomfortable volumes.
The NR1711 also works with leading voice agents – Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant and Apple Siri. Using the HEOS app, users can use their voice to stream music from various popular services. Other commands include the ability to switch between connected components, adjust volume, pause, mute, play a previous or next track, and more .
Easy to Set Up & Enjoy
The NR1711 features premium loudspeaker terminals with a set of matching cable-labels supplied to ensure easy and correct hook-up. The included Setup Assistant offers clear, graphical on-screen direction, and the Quick Start Guide ensures optimal setup for any configuration.
NR1711 Key Features
- 8K/60Hz full-rate pass-through or upscaling, along with HDR10+, Dynamic HDR and Quick Media Switching (QMS).
- Seven channel discrete power amplifier featuring 90W per channel.
- The latest video support includes HDR format support including HDR10, HDR10+, HLG, Dolby Vision, 4:4:4 color resolution and BT .2020 as well as Dynamic HDR
- Enhanced gaming is possible with 4K/120Hz pass-through or upscaling along with Variable Refresh Rate, Auto Low Latency Mode, and Quick Frame Transport.
- Support for uncompressed and object-based audio formats with eARC.
- Audyssey MultEQ delivers simple room setup and calibration for the absolute best audio quality.
- Roon Tested certification enables listeners to get more enjoyment out of their music libraries with searchable information about artists and rich data.
- Reference-class 32-bit AKM AK4458 D/A converter on all channels offers optimum fidelity and the widest dynamic range with minimal distortion.
- HEOS Built-in for multi-room streaming, music streaming and voice control.
- Supports all major streaming services including Spotify, Tidal, Deezer, and several others via Bluetooth, AirPlay 2 or the HEOS app.
- Supports Alexa, Google Home and Apple Siri voice assistants.
- Ability to decode high-resolution audio ALAC, FLAC and WAV lossless files up to 24-bit/192-kHz as well as DCD 2.8MHz and 5.6MHz tracks for high-resolution listening.
- Dual speaker preset with Audyssey allows users to switch between two Audyssey settings on the fly.
- Integrated phono input.
- Built-in Wi-Fi with 2.4GHz/5GHz dual band support (dual antenna).
- Marantz AVR Remote iOS and Android app.
- Dual subwoofer outputs.
FOR PRICE AND AVAILABILITY, PLEASE CONNECT WITH AV CONSULTANTS AT DG+ THE AUDIO VIDEO SPECIALISTS AT TIME SQUARE CENTRE, DUBAI, AND SELECT SHARAF DG STORES IN THE UAE