Highlights of the Huawei launch in Munich – Huawei Mate 30 Series, Huawei Vision, Huawei GT2 and More . . .September 22, 2019
On 19th September, Huawei launched the Huawei Mate 30 Series smartphones at an exclusive launch event in Munich. The HUAWEI Mate 30 Series is “the world’s first second generation 5G smartphone” and the pinnacle of mobile technological development. The iconic OLED HUAWEI Horizon Display offers an immersive viewing experience, while the Kirin 990 5G SoC – the first to integrate processing units and a 5G modem on the same chip using the 7nm+ EUV process– affords unrivalled levels of performance and efficiency.
It has integrated quad-camera includes the SuperSensing Cine Camera, a dual main camera system designed for amazing photographic and videographic results, while the HUAWEI SuperCharge and EMUI10 offer long-lasting battery life for heavy mobile users and an enhanced user experience.
Richard Yu, CEO of Huawei Consumer Business Group, said: “The HUAWEI Mate 30 Series unleashes the full potential of the smartphone. Designed to stand out, it challenges convention while delivering an unrivalled user experience. The era of 5G is an opportunity to rethink smartphone technology and the HUAWEI Mate 30 series is the ultimate expression of what’s possible.”
Highlights of the Mate 30 Series smartphones at the launch
- The Huawei released 3 options in the Mate 30 series of smartphones; Huawei Mate 30, Huawei Mate 30 Pro and the Huawei Mate 30 Pro 5G.
- The Huawei Mate 30 series has the ring design of the quad-camera system which immediately stands out from the competitors. Huawei calls it ‘Halo design’, it is a metallic ring which has replaced the square design from the predecessor Mate 20 series.
- Intuitive Side-touch Interaction to customise invisible virtual keys for volume adjustment, gaming and camera set-up as well as being ideal for both right and left-handed users. As the smartphone doesn’t have volume rockers on the side, when clicking a image, you can tap on the side smartphone to capture the right moment on your smartphone.
- The Smartphones comes with Kirin 990 5G SoC chipset which the Huawei’s latest which is the first to integrate processing units and a 5G modem on the same chip using the 7nm+ EUV process. It supports SA and NSA network architectures
- AI gesture control for contactless screen interaction, whereas AI Auto-Rotate and AI Private View are all designed to improve users experience.
- EMUI10 operating system featuring a contemporary magazine inspired layout, Always-On-Display (AOD) where the colour of the lock screen changes throughout the day.
- Dark Mode brings enhanced legibility making the screen look gentler and more comfortable when night falls.
- Multi-screen Collaboration allows users to transfer data and control multiple screens between Huawei devices
- HUAWEI 3D Face Unlock and In-screen Fingerprint to provide advanced data security and privacy protection with (HUAWEI Mate 30 Pro only). The isolated secure system whose microkernel has achieved CC EAL 5+9 separates biometric ID info and financial info from the public OS serving in all applications.
- The Mate 30 series comes with 40W super charging with USB Type-C and it has 27W in wireless charging. The smartphones can reverse charge too.
- The Mate 30 series smartphones comes with in-screen finger sensor and also has the Huawei Acoustic Display technology for ear piece.
- The Huawei Mate 30 has 24MP RGB Selfie Camera and the Mate 30 Pro and Mate 30 Pro 5G has 32 MP Camera with Depth Sensing for Front camera.
- The Mate 30 Pro comes with dual camera sensor, a 40 MP Cine Camera (RGGB CFA) and a 40 Mp SuperSensing Camera ( RYYB CFA)
- The Mate 30 Pro comes with Quad Main Camera Setup
- The back body of Mate 30 Series smartphone has Gloss to Matte Gradient finish which makes the smartphone non -slipper to hold and avoid fingerprint smudges,
- The Huawei Mate 30 pro is IP68 rated and the Mate 30 is IP53 rated.
Highlight about Huawei Mate 30 RS smartphone
- The Huawei Mate RS which exclusive super high featured smartphone was launched with Jan Becker – CEO of Porsche Design with Richard YU – CEO of Huawei Consumer Business Group at the Munich launch. Jan Becker spoke about the partnership of Porsche Design since 2014 and mentioning about the 5th smartphone especially created for the Porsche Design with Huawei and calling it Huawei Mate 30 RS.
- The smartphone has unique genuine leather back which has special treatment from protection from sweat and water but not suggested for long submerge in water due to use of genuine leather.
- The design of the Huawei Mate 30 RS smartphone has the long racing strip looks with combination of leather and the Quad cameras setup.
- The smartphone also has the special Porsche Design UI which has similar racing strip design in the front screen and button designs.
- The smartphone comes with 12GB RAM and 512GB ROM (Storage).
- The smartphone features all the top features of Huawei Mate 30 Pro 5G smartphone.
Highlight of Huawei Vision
- At the Munich launch, Richard Yu also introduced the Huawei’s first entry into Television industry with Huawei Vision smart TV for the european market.
- As mentioned at the launch, the Huawei Vision smart television is just not a TV but also act like a IoT server for your smart home.
- It has the latest Huawei’s Honghu chipset in the smart television.
- It has self rising AI-eye camera which can interaction with the consumers video chat mode and lot more usage with different apps.
- It comes with professional 5.1 surround sound effect speakers.
- The Huawei Vision will launch with 65 inches and 75″ inches sizes first and later bring in the 55 inches and 85 inches.
- The Huawei Vision display is 4K Quantum dot screen with 120Hz screen refresh rate.
- With the “Huawei Share” option on the smart remote, consumer can directly share the mobile content from the smartphone to the Huawei Vision television.
- The touch remote controller has many function which includes Bluetooth 5.0 connection and one charge can last you 3 months. It has touch pad function on the remote and One-hop projection for smartphone to the television.
Highlight of other Huawei Products at the launch
- At the Munich launch, Richard Yu also introduced lot of products including accessories and wearables.
- Richard Yu spoke about the Huawei Mate X ( Foldable Dual Screen smartphone) and mentioned, it would be released in China first in coming month.
- The Supercharge battery pack which can charge the phone at 40 Watts.
- Huawei In-Car charger with wireless charging and has an interesting the holder system which has close proximity smartphone hold mechanism.
- Huawei Freebuds 3 which is wireless and has active noise cancellation.
- Huawei Watch GT 2 which has 2 weeks of battery like the predecessor Huawei Watch GT and 3D Glass and HD OLED Display and it comes with Kirin A1 chipset. New features and functions including 15 sports modes, 10 training modes specifically for running, an enhanced music player and Bluetooth voice calls.
- Huawei M-pen which is a stylus and option for consumer who would like to use stylus with their smartphone.
- Huawei has tied up with Osmo Mobile 3 for Huawei camera kit.
- Also Huawei tied up with Procamera kit has tied Profoto for the Huawei camera kit.
The HUAWEI Mate 30 Series builds upon the aesthetic of the HUAWEI Mate 20 Series with a futuristic design that is sure to make a lasting impression. With an ultra-narrow notch design and the thinnest of bezels, the Huawei Mate 30 Pro features the HUAWEI Horizon Display, which curves at an angle of 88 degrees to maximise the display area to provide an unparalleled, edge-to-edge immersive viewing experience.
Turn the device over and the iconic ring design of the quad-camera system immediately stands out, surrounded by a metallic ‘Halo’. Mirroring the design of a DSLR camera and designed to be held comfortably, the beautiful HUAWEI Mate 30 Series makes the user the focus of the crowd, attracting all the attention. The HUAWEI Mate 30 Pro also features HUAWEI Acoustic Display Technology to deliver high-quality audio through a sound emitting display.
The HUAWEI Mate 30 Series is powered by the HUAWEI Kirin 990 series chipset, Huawei’s most sophisticated smartphone chipset launched to date. The HUAWEI Kirin 990 5G challenges the limits of silicon-based physics by incorporating a three-level power efficiency architecture for the CPU, Huawei’s self-developed Da Vinci NPU architecture (large dual-NPU + tiny NPU cores) as well as a supersized 16-core GPU to deliver super-fast performance and high-power efficiency.
Manufactured with the cutting-edge 7nm+ EUV process, the disruptive HUAWEI Kirin 990 5G supports 2G/3G/4G network and 5G Non-StandAlone (NSA) and StandAlone (SA) modes, along with Dual SIM, Dual Standby and FDD/TDD full frequency bands to deliver seamless connectivity. The HUAWEI Mate 30 Series has also been optimised for ultimate OS performance. As the world’s first 2nd generation 5G smartphone, the HUAWEI Mate 30 Pro 5G features 14 antennas for 5G, delivering ground-breaking speed with unrivalled connectivity.
The HUAWEI Mate 30 sports a large battery of 4200mAh, while HUAWEI Mate 30 Pro has an even bigger battery of 4500mAh. With TÜV Rheinland certified wired and wireless Huawei SuperCharge Technology, the 27W Wireless HUAWEI SuperCharge and the 40W HUAWEI SuperCharge provide users safe and fast charging, while wired and wireless in-car charging and a wired powerbank ensure a seamless experience across all scenarios.
Additionally, the HUAWEI Mate 30 Series provides upgraded reverse wireless charging bringing users a quick and convenient way to recharge other devices.
Rethink Photography and Videography
The HUAWEI Mate 30 is equipped with a SuperSensing Triple Camera, comprising a 40MP SuperSensing Camera, 16MP Ultra Wide-angle Camera and an 8MP Telephoto Camera. Coupled with an ISP 5.0 Image Signal Processor, the HUAWEI Mate 30 enables users to capture high quality photographs and videos.
The HUAWEI Mate 30 Pro sports a revolutionary quad camera system with the 40MP Cine Camera, 40MP SuperSensing Camera, an 8MP Telephoto Camera and a 3D Depth Sensing Camera.
The SuperSensing Cine Camera is a Dual-main camera system capable of taking stunning photos that rival high-end cameras. The Cine Camera features a large 1/1.54-inch sensor size with a high maximum Video ISO of 51200 to capture videos with an extended dynamic range at 4K/60fps as well as ultra slow-motion at the highest 7680 fps. It also supports 4K Low-light Ultra-wide time-lapse video. The HUAWEI Mate 30 Pro also offers pro-bokeh capabilities while recording for professional looking results. Additionally, the second of the dual-camera system is a 1/1.7-inch HUAWEI SuperSensing Camera which attracts 40% more lights to deliver stunning results in low light conditions with an impressive light sensitivity of ISO409600, making it the best low light one-shot device ever even for ultra-wide shots.
The 8MP HUAWEI Telephoto Camera offers 3x optical zoom, 5x Hybrid Zoom and up to 30x Digital Zoom. Optical Image Stabilisation (OIS) + AI Stabilisation (AIS) and 3D Depth Sensing, complete the package making the HUAWEI Mate 30 Series the most capable handset for smartphone photography and videography available to consumers. A front-facing 3D Depth Sensing Camera delivers pro-bokeh effects with accurate depth-of-field information for selfies and portraits.
Colours, Pricing and Availability
The 6.53-inch HUAWEI Mate 30 Pro and 6.62-inch HUAWEI Mate 30 come in various colour variants and materials: Emerald Green, Space Silver, Cosmic Purple, Black, while Forest Green and Orange are available in vegan leather.
|Model||Version||Price (Tax Included)|
|HUAWEI Mate 30 Pro (5G)||8GB RAM + 256GB ROM||EUR 1199 (*AED 4850.9)|
|HUAWEI Mate 30 Pro||8GB RAM + 256GB ROM||EUR 1099 (*AED 4446.33)|
|HUAWEI Mate 30||8 GB RAM + 128 GB ROM||EUR 799 (*AED 3232.59)|
* Approx price as per the rate declared at the launch. There maybe a price difference when launched in the Middle East