Helpful Tips: How to Renew your Driving License in less than 10mins in UAE?July 14, 2019
After staying for more than 10 years in Dubai-UAE. I had to renew my driving license. I had got my automatic driving license in the year 2009 and recently came up for renewal and I decided to use the RTA Smart Teller Kiosk to get my new driving license.
So I went to the RTA Website and looked for the procedure to renew my driving license.
The RTA Smart Teller Kiosk is a multiple government related service machine which you can use it for various government services.
You can use it for RTA related services like Fine Inquiry & Payment, Vehicle Registration, Parking Services, Collection Points and Certificate Issuance.
Here is the procedure to renew your license.
(Please note: you can also renew your Driving License via online, following the procedure and get it couriered to you on a charge of AED25)
- Go to the authorized Eye Test Center approved by RTA, you can find the list on search on Google or RTA website.
- Please carry your Emirates ID and old driving license.
- It takes around 10 – 15mins, as the doctor checks your vision and colour blindness with a simple eye test.
- The cost of the eye test – AED150.
- The doctor checks and shares the result and update on the RTA system while using your Emirates ID and the old driving license.
- Then, check the list of RTA Smart Teller Kiosk closet to your location from the RTA website.
- I had gone to the Ras Al Khor RTA office which was not crowded
- If you require help, there is assistance is available at the Kiosk, who can help and guide you to complete your process for the driving license.
Please see the below video, to see the process of renewing the Driving license.
- The cost to renew the Driving License is AED300 + AED20 for knowledge fee = AED320.
- As per the new RTA rule, you get only 5 years renewed license.
Please note: Late fee (AED20) is charged on each month delay of renewal of Driving License,
Also note: The fine for the delay in renewing the driving license for less than 10 years is 10 AED per month, with a maximum of 500 AED. In the case of its expiration for more than 10 years, the customer is only allowed to renew it after passing the evaluation test.
Total Cost: Eye Test (AED150) + Driving License (AED320) = AED470